Want to use a Xiaomi smartphone as a modem in the computer (via USB cable)? Yes, you can! 4G signals are now available for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, and even in some newest phones now the 5G connection is available, it will be our loss if we can't use that great speed on our PC.This method can also be used by other types of Xiaomi smartphone users because it is basically the same in terms of settings, but because we have tried it on Redmi Xiaomi Note 3 Pro so we wrote it to be more specific.
Before you set up the Internet from your Xiaomi Smartphone to your Computers, first, make sure you have enabled USB Debugging Features on your smartphone because if this feature is not active then the internet setting can not be done. If not set, please see the article on "how to connect the Redmi Xiaomi Note 3 Pro to PC" (article link available at the bottom of this post).
How to Set Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 as Internet Modem for PC
If you have made a USB debugging setting then we can go to internet settings in your smartphone Xiaomi so that connections can be used by your personal computer using a USB cable. it's like converting our Smartphone become an internet Modem.
- Connect Xiaomi Smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open Section > Settings > More > Tethering Portable hotspot
- Enable "USB tethering"
Once you activate the USB tethering feature then your Xiaomi smartphone now being Modem to provide an Internet signal to your computer. When finished using do not forget to turn off this feature on your smartphone, you can turn it off on the USB tethering again.
Common issues and solutions
Setting up your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 as an internet modem for your PC can be a convenient and cost-effective way to access the internet. However, it's not always smooth sailing. Here are some common issues and solutions when setting up your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 as an internet modem.
- Connection not recognized by PC: If your PC doesn't recognize the connection, try restarting both your phone and PC and ensure that the drivers are properly installed.
- Slow connection: If the connection is slow, make sure you're in an area with good network coverage, and try disabling other apps and services that may be using data in the background.
- Phone battery drain: Using your phone as an internet modem can quickly drain its battery. To conserve battery, try lowering the screen brightness, disabling unused apps, and connecting your phone to a power source.
Check for compatibility
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you should now be able to set up your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 as an internet modem for your PC via USB cable. Remember to check for compatibility and ensure that the necessary software and drivers are installed before configuring your phone's settings. With a stable and reliable internet connection, you'll be able to browse, stream, and work from anywhere.
Hopefully this article on how to make the Xiaomi smartphone a modem for surfing online on a computer / PC help you guys. If you have any problem implementing the above arrangements, please feel free to discuss them in the comments below, we will help.
- Solution Xiaomi Phone Cannot Connect to Laptop PC to Transfer Files
- How to Use FACE ID Recognition on Xiaomi Phone (Face Unlock)
- How to Use Split Screen on Xiaomi Phone
- How to Delete Second space Feature on Your Xiaomi Phone
- What is and How to Use Second space in Xiaomi Phone
- How to Set Xiaomi Smartphone as a Remote TV
- How to Hide and Unhide Photos on Your Xiaomi Phone
- How to Replace ROM Distributor to Global Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro
- How to Connect Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to PC via USB Cable
- How to Capture Full Long Screenshot on Xiaomi Phone
- How to Change ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Distributor to Global)
- How to Change Operator Name on Xiaomi Phone
- How to Take Selfie with Fingerprint on Xiaomi Phone
- How to Activate one-Handed Mode in Xiaomi Phone
- How to Install 4G Fix Only on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro via TWRP
- How to Connect Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro to PC via USB Cable