The following is an easy way to find out the Youtube video category. With this method, we can find out what categories are used in each video on Youtube. This method can also be a reference for you if you are still confused about choosing a category for each video you upload on Youtube.
Education, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Travel, Finance, How to, or Fashion, are some of the categories to choose from when making videos on YouTube. This grouping based on categories is very helpful for the YouTube system to match your videos with the right audience and vice versa.
So, one way to prevent you from choosing the wrong category is to look at the categories chosen by other YouTubers. You can see from the videos that you consider 'rivals' or role models with content that you think is similar.
What are YouTube Categories?
YouTube categories are broad groupings of videos that share similar themes or subject matter. There are 15 main categories on YouTube, including music, gaming, comedy, education, and beauty & fashion. Each category has its own subcategories that help users find more specific content.
For example, the music category has subcategories such as pop music, rock music, and classical music. YouTube creators can select a category for their videos to help them reach the right audience and make their content more discoverable.
To check the category on a YouTube video, please follow the tutorial or step-by-step below.
How to Find a Category on a Youtube Video
- From the browser, open the youtube video page that you want to find out the category they are using
- Right-click on the page (outside the video) then select "View page source". Or for the shortcut, you can press "Ctrl + U". Both will open the source page of the youtube video in a new page/tab.
- Then on the "page source" page, please click the "Ctrl + F" button to bring up the search box.
- In the search box, please type "category" and then click "Enter".
- Several results will appear from the word/code "category". Click the "Enter" button several times until you find the correct category. An example of a category that appears in the image below is "Entertainment".
- Done. Try various types of videos to find out the categories they use on their Youtube video.
Make it easy for the system to find the right audience
With the right category, your video will have a wider reach level and more viewers because it matches the interests of viewers in the same category.
For example, if you have a travel video and choose the Travel category, then your video will be recommended to viewers who are watching other videos in the traveling category. And because these viewers really like traveling videos, your videos will be more likely to be clicked or opened and watched.
However, if you choose the wrong category, for example, your traveling video is given the tutorial/how-to category, the audience who is watching a how-to video or tutorial is unlikely to be interested in your traveling video because they are, at that time, looking for a solution for their problem, not want to see a video of you traveling.
Does Category matter on YouTube?
Based on the experience of many YouTube creators, including myself, it seems that category selection on YouTube does not have a significant impact on video performance.
While selecting a relevant category can help users find your content, it's not the primary factor in driving views and engagement. Instead, factors such as creating an attention-grabbing title, selecting a compelling video cover, and writing a clear and informative video description are more likely to improve your video's performance on the platform.
Ultimately, while selecting the right category can be helpful, it's not the be-all and end-all of YouTube success.
Hopefully, this tutorial on how to find out the category on YouTube video is useful. If you have questions, feel free to ask me in the comments box below as usual. Thank you!
- Now subscribers count can't be hidden, why?
- Why are Old-school Videos still recommended by YouTube?
- Complete List of Categories on YouTube - Which one is better to choose?
- What are YouTube Super Chat and Super Thanks? How to Activate
- What is YouTube Handle and How to Change It?
- Creating Automatic Upload Schedules on YouTube - Scheduled Publish
This no longer works!
I've tried after your comment and it still works buddy. just follow all the steps and make sure no instruction skipped
Yeah Me Too! It's Still Work