The following is an easy way to find out the Youtube video category. In this way, we can find out what categories are used in each video on Youtube. This method can also be a reference for us if we are still confused about choosing a category for each video we upload on Youtube.
Education, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Travel, Finance, How to, Fashion, are some of the categories to choose from when making videos on YouTube. This grouping based on categories is very helpful for the YouTube system to find us the right audience, and vice versa.
So, one way to prevent us from choosing the wrong category is to look at the categories chosen by other YouTubers. You can see from the videos that you consider 'rivals' or role models with content that you think is similar.
To find out the video category, please follow the tutorial or steps below.
How to Find a Category on a Youtube Video
- Open the youtube video page for which you want to find out the category
- Next, please >right click on the page (outside the video) then select >View page source. Or for the shortcut, you can press Ctrl + U. Both will open the source page of the youtube video in a new page/tab.
- Then on the page source page, please click the Ctrl + F button to bring up the search field.
- In the search field, please type "category" then click >Enter.
- Several results will appear from the category word/code. Please click the Enter button until you find the correct category. An example of a category that appears in the image is Entertainment.
- Done. Try various types of videos to find out the categories they use on their Youtube video.
Make it easy for the system to find the right audience
With the right category, your video will have a wider reach level and more viewers because it matches the interests of viewers in the same category.
For example, if you have a travel video and choose the Travel category, then your video will be recommended to viewers who are viewing other videos in the traveling category. Because these viewers really like traveling videos, your videos will be more likely to be clicked or opened and watched.
However, if you choose the wrong category, for example, your traveling video is given the tutorial / how-to category, so the audience who is watching a how-to video or tutorial is unlikely to be interested in your walking video because they are currently looking for a solution, not want to see a video of a walk.
Hopefully, this tutorial on an easy way to find out the YouTube video category is useful. If you have questions, please save them in the comments column as usual. Remain a wise user! #beWiseUser!