The following is how to install the JSON Setup file in the Assetto Corsa Competizione game. In this way, we will be able to use or install a setup with JSON file type in ACC games automatically. Just need to copy-paste it into the setup folder and we can immediately use it according to the desired car and circuit.
Previously I was also confused about why people share a setup in the form of a JSON file. But after I found out, with the setup in the form of a JSON file, we no longer need to manually change the settings one by one, but it can be automatically loaded or used immediately.
There are several things that need to be considered, usually, this setup file is used to record the best time (hot lap), so in terms of fuel used, it is usually set to a minimum. So if you want to use it for racing, please first set the amount of fuel so that it is enough until the end of the race or until you enter the pit stop.
How to get a JSON file setup?
In the past, there were actually several websites that specifically provided setup files for ACC cars in the form of JSON files, but now they are no longer active. But don't worry, there is always a Google that we can go to, just type "acc setup (car name) at (circuit name) JSON file download" or other keywords to make it easy to find.
In addition, now there are many sim racers/YouTubers who also share their setups on their respective YouTube channels. The important thing is that we are diligent - just be diligent in looking, God willing, there must be someone who shares it for free.
For example, I'm looking for a setup file for a Porsche 911 at the Brands Hatch circuit. So I just searched on Google or Youtube for "ACC set up Porsche 911 at Brands Hatch", surely various alternative setups will appear. If it appears please try - just try and choose the most comfortable to use.
How to Install a JSON Setup File in Assetto Corsa Competizione Game
- Prepare the JSON setup file. As an example, I will save a JSON setup file for a Porsche 911 on the Brands Hatch circuit.
- Please open the folder "C:\Users\YOUR_PC_USERNAME\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Setups". Remember, the Documents folder! not the game installation folder!
- In the Setups folder, please >Open the car brand folder, then > Open the circuit folder. This means that in this example I have to open the Brands Hatch folder in the Porsche 911 folder. (If the car and circuit brand folders cannot be found, please create a 'dummy' setup. Please follow the sub-title below for the tutorial).
- If the folder is correct. Please save or copy/paste the JSON setup file that was prepared in the circuit folder.
- Done. Please open the ACC game and try playing with the cars and circuits that we have saved in the setup. If successful, the setup file will appear in the setup list (Load Setup).
In the setup, the fuel is usually set to a minimum (for hot laps), so if you want to use it for racing, make sure we set the amount of fuel first so that it is enough until the end of the race or until the pit stop.
In addition, to be more comfortable for racing, adjustments are usually made to the rear wing or ride height to make the car more stable. However, if the downloaded setup matches immediately, it means that there is no need for adjustments, just use it as is.
How to make the car and circuits folder appear in the document (create a 'dummy setup)
Yup! As the title suggests, we will create a dummy setup (a careless setup, which is important first) so that the system creates a folder according to the car brand and circuit name we want.
In this example, we assume that the Porsche 911 car folder and the Brands Hatch circuit folder are not in the documents folder.
- Please open or run the ACC game as usual
- Create a race (single player) according to the setup file that we want to save. In this example, it means I have to race at Brands Hatch using a Porsche 911.
- If you have entered the game (already in the race menu) please >open the setup menu and then save the setup that is being used (no need to modify the setup, the important thing is that we managed to save the setup on the circuit with the desired car). Any setup name will work, will have no effect.
- If the setup is already saved in the game. Please close the game and look for the setup folder again.
- Done. If successful, the newly saved car and circuit setup folder will appear, if the folder already exists, please save the JSON setup file as in the tutorial above.
Hopefully, this article on how to install the JSON setup file in Game Assetto Corsa Competizione is useful. If you have any questions, please save them in the comments column as usual. Keep being a wise user!
- Minimum PC specs to play Assetto Corsa Competizione
- Fix Fuel Consumption in Assetto Corsa (AI PIT STOP Every 2 Laps)
- How Much an iRacing Game Prices for Beginners? on the Official Store and Steam
- How to Install Custom Livery on Assetto Corsa Competition
- How to Install New Track or Circuit on Assetto Corsa - Easy and Fast!
- Top 5 Most Realistic Racing Games for PC