Here's how to create a post on YouTube Such as Updating status, sharing images or videos,s and even making a poll. Then, what are the requirements or terms to be able to post on YouTube? A minimum number of subscribers? A minimum number of impressions? Or are there other conditions that must be met in order to post status or post polls on YouTube?
How to make Status on YouTube? Before you can post on YouTube you must have at least 500 subscribers on your channel. Then you just need to press the Create button, then select Create a post, then please choose between sharing images, statuses, polls, or videos.
For the practice of using it, it's almost the same as social media in general, we can update statuses such as words (writing only), share pictures or gifs (animated images), and create polls that can later be voted on by subscribers and other users on YouTube.
Also read: How to find Category on a YouTube Video
The main requirement to be able to create a status on Youtube
- Have at least 500 subscribers
- The Channel audience is not set specifically for children
- Activate the community tab or feature
Why did I write "main condition" above, because it's no secret that YouTube sometimes has hidden criteria that are only known to internal YouTube parties. So don't be surprised if a channel that meets the requirements above still can't get the posting feature like the others.
Even though it seems 'hidden', this still makes sense because there are also many YouTube channels that have a lot of subscribers, but they are all just numbers, there could be more fake accounts that are only used to increase the number of subscribers.
There are also channels that only upload videos that have no meaning, which is only used to increase the number of views or watching time. And there are many more reasons why a YouTube channel doesn't get privileges like the others.
Is it true that YouTube will open the community tab feature for all users even under 500 subscribers?
To my knowledge, there is indeed a statement that YouTube will open this community tab feature to "more users" but it is not explained what criteria they use so that a YouTuber can get a community tab even if under 500 subscribers.
Even if it is true that YouTube will open this feature for all users, I don't think it will be implemented in the near future, moreover, I think this feature is powerful and can be used for bad things such as spamming, fake promotions, etc.
So for now, let's just say that at least 500 subscribers are mandatory and cannot be bargained. One of the goals of this community feature is to bring creator content closer to subscribers, not just from youtube videos.
If you don't have 500 subscribers yet, I suggest you just focus on creating video content that can add subscribers. Later, if you get 500 subscribers, please come back to this page.
How do I set the audience channel not specifically for children?
Actually, by default the YouTube channel settings are not specifically for children, but to make sure, please follow the steps below.
- On the YouTube Studio page, please go to the Settings section
- On the Settings page, please open the Channel menu
- In the channel settings, please open the Advanced Settings sub-menu
- In the Audience settings, make sure that "No, set this channel as not made for kids. I never upload content that's made for kids."
- Please save the settings by pressing the Save button.
How to activate the Community tab feature?
From the explanation given by YouTube, this community tab feature will automatically appear if our subscribers have reached 500 (or more). YouTube has asked for up to 1 week for this feature to appear in our YouTube channel settings.
To make sure, please follow the steps below.
- Go to the main page of your YouTube Channel
- Please look at the channel menu, if the community tab is active you will see a menu order like this. "HOME, VIDEOS, PLAYLISTS, COMMUNITY, CHANNELS, ABOUT" (There is a "community" menu tab in between the menus.
- If you don't see the community tab above, please read the discussion below.
What can be done with the status feature on YouTube
- Status (Text only)
- Image /gif
- Poll (Poll)
- Videos (Share videos on YouTube)
How to Create Status on YouTube
- On the YouTube main page, please click the Create button or the plus (+) symbol, just like the button for uploading videos. In the YouTube app on Smartphones, the + button is at the bottom of the screen, in browsers/laptops/pc it's at the top-right of the screen.
- Several options will appear such as Create a Shorts, Upload, Go Live, Create a post, etc. Please select Create a post. (If there is no Create a post option, it means the feature is not active yet, please continue reading for the solution)
- On the Create a Post page, please write a caption or words you want to share.
- If you want to add an image or YouTube video to the post, please click the image or video icon at the bottom. If you want to add an image, please click on IMAGE, if successful the system will open the upload page, please select the image you want to upload and add it. If you want to share a YouTube video, please click on VIDEO, if successful, the page will open a search page, please search and select the YouTube video you want to share.
- Please re-check the captions and media that you will share, if you are sure, please click the Post button.
How to Create a Poll on YouTube
- Please click the Create button / plus (+) button. Until several options appear.
- Please select the words "Create a post". The page for creating a post will open
- To create a poll, please click on the word POLL. If successful the page will change the format to a poll.
- Please write questions related to the poll. Example: "What is your favorite sports car?"
- In the column "Add an option (add option)" please enter the first choice. For example "Lamborghini", in the column below I write "Ferrari".
- If you want to add other options (more than 2 choices) please click the words "ADD ANOTHER OPTIONS". If successful, a new selection column will appear, please enter a third choice, for example, "AUDI", and you can add up to 5 choices.
- Please review the questions and choices that have been made. If you are sure, please click the POST button.
Where can we see all the finished posts on YouTube?
There are 2 ways to see the posts that we have made or published on YouTube. The first way is through the main page of our YouTube Channel, and the second way is from the YouTube Studio page.
- To view the post results from the YouTube page, please open the main page of your YouTube Channel, then open the "COMMUNITY (COMMUNITY)" page or menu. There you will see all the posts that we have made.
- To see the results of posts from the YouTube Studio page, please open the YouTube Studio page, then open the "Content" menu, then please open the "Posts" section. If correct, will appear all the posts that we have made.
I already have 500 subscribers why still can't make a status on YouTube?
Please note that YouTube takes 1 week (maximum) to activate the community feature on your channel, so just wait until you get a notification that you can now create a status or post on YouTube.
What's more, if the subscriber is still unstable or there are still many who subscribe and unsubscribe (up and down), then it is possible that YouTube will wait until it is certain that our subscribers will not fall below 500.
If 1 week has passed and the posting feature still doesn't appear, please contact YouTube via the "Help" feature or through the "Send feedback" feature on the YouTube Studio page. Please let me know that you have got 500 subscribers but the post/status update feature still doesn't appear.
"Creators with over 500 subscribers have access to Community posts. It will take up to 1 week to see the Community tab after passing 500 subscribers. The Community tab may also be available to other channels as we continue testing this feature". - YouTube
For a complete discussion from Google, please read the following page: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9409631?hl=en
Who can see the YouTube Status that we create?
Almost the same as YouTube videos in general, the posts we make will appear on the subscriber notification page (which activates notifications). In addition, our posts will also appear on other YouTube users, even if they are not subscribers.
The pattern or algorithm is almost the same as the circulation of YouTube videos, our posts will appear on the homepage of users who are considered to have an interest in the content we create and have the potential to become subscribers.
The more users interact, the more likely the system will promote the post more. Vice versa, the more people who are not interested, the possibility that our posts will not be recommended as before.
Can I share other people's links or videos?
As long as it doesn't become spam, we are allowed to share or share YouTube videos from other channels. Especially now that there is a "share as a post" feature where we can directly share a video and it automatically becomes a post on our YouTube channel, without having to make a post from scratch.
As long as it's a fellow video on YouTube, it's fine. What needs to be considered is the intensity or frequency with which we share these videos. If you share videos too often, especially the same videos, your account can be suspected of being a spam account that is only used to spread videos as often as possible.
As long as the activity is not excessive, feel free to share videos belonging to other channels.
Benefits of using the Posts or Status feature on YouTube
The main reason YouTube created this feature is to bring content creators closer to their audience. So make sure your goal for making the post is to get closer to the subscribers or viewers.
In addition, the feature of making this post can also be used as a promotional medium as well as a "Research" medium. The posts we make are also likely to be seen by users who have never seen our content, so make the most of it to attract new audiences.
With the poll feature, we can understand or better understand the tastes of our audience, so we can use it for inspiration or evaluation material in making videos.
Hopefully, this article on how to make a status on YouTube is useful, if you have any questions, please save them in the comments column below as usual. Keep being a wise user! #beWiseUser!