Here's how to get trucks to get police escort in ETS2 or the game Euro Truck Simulator 2. With this tutorial, we can carry large cargo or trailers and get escorts from the police along the way.
Before going to the tutorial, there are a few things to note. The first, of course, is that you must have the main game, Euro Truck Simulator 2, on the Steam marketplace. Apart from that, you must have a DLC called Special Transport.
DLC related to escort missions in the ETS2 game
- Special Transport (Mandatory)
- High Power Cargo Pack
- Heavy Cargo Pack
I highly recommend buying the DLC above while it's on sale. Steam always gives discounts on most special dates or events. For Euro Truck Simulator 2, the discount is around 70% for most DLC and also the base game.
Of the three DLCs above, what is a must-have is the Special Transport DLC because without this DLC the escort feature will not be available. Even if you have the High Power Cargo DLC and the Heavy Cargo Pack, without the Special Transport DLC the police escort feature will not be available.
If you don't have the Special Transport DLC yet, please purchase it first as usual. The DLC High Power and Heavy Cargo Packs are not mandatory because they only add variations in the type of cargo or types of goods carried such as helicopters, trains, boats, etc.
Also read: My Top 10 Mods For Euro Truck Simulator 2 in 2023
How to Get a Truck to Get a Police Escort in ETS2 - Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Make sure the DLC Special Transport is installed in the ETS2 game
- On the game page, please open the Job Market Menu as usual.
- Please choose between Quick Job and Freight Market. The difference is, in Quick Job, we use a truck belonging to the company that owns the goods (cargo). At the Freight Market, we will use our own truck. For this tutorial, I choose the Quick Job option.
- On the Job Offers page, please click the choice of cargo type (goods) then select the Special Transport icon
- Please select one of the jobs offers that appear, then click the Take Job button
- If successful, the game will start playing the intro to the Special Transport job. After the intro is complete, you can immediately start the mission of delivering goods with a police escort.
Things that need to be considered when carrying out the Special Transport mission
- Do not interfere with or hit the escort cars and trucks must always stay between the two escort cars
- Don't get out of the predetermined travel route, don't fill up gas, don't take breaks, etc.
- Obey the speed limit of the vehicle that will be guided by the escort car
- Be careful and keep your distance from other vehicles on the road
- Pay attention to the change lane maneuver (will be explained below)
Also read: How to set Logitech Shifter to 12 Speed on ETS 2
Lane Changing Maneuver When Escorted
On trips, especially on toll roads, we usually have to change lanes to take the toll exit or avoid the exit. While under police escort, we cannot change lanes carelessly, we must follow the directions of the escort cars in front and behind.
Please read and follow the steps below so that the lane change process is carried out in the right way.
- Before changing lanes, a notification will appear with text like this: "Changing lane Maneuver is coming. Adapt your speed to avoid a possible crash..."
- After the notification above appears, the escort car behind will change lanes (you don't need to do anything and don't change lanes yet)
- After that, the front guard car will also change lanes (you don't need to do anything and don't change lanes yet)
- After the two escort cars change lanes, then the truck we are driving is allowed to change lanes (please change lanes to follow the escort car)
Also read: How to Create Snowy Weather in Euro Truck Simulator 2
Lane Close Maneuver when escorted in ETS2
When on the road, there are times when there is a branching path or meeting point ahead. So that our truck's journey is not hampered, usually escorts or escort cars in front will close the lane ahead. Please read and follow the tutorial below so that the delivery process continues smoothly.
- Before the escort car closes the lane, a notification will usually appear like this: "Front escort vehicle is going to warn other drivers... Adapt your speed to avoid a possible crash..."
- The escort car in front will increase speed (our truck doesn't need to follow along with increasing speed, just be constant, let the escort car in front leave us)
- The escort car ahead will block the meeting point ahead so that our trucks are not obstructed.
- When approaching a branch line or meeting it is advisable to slow down because usually, the escort car in front stops to wait for the truck, please follow the path taken by the escort car in front. If the escort car in front has started moving, please follow again as usual.
Also read: How to Make Camera Transitions Smooth in ETS2
DLC has been purchased but the escort feature does not appear
There are many possibilities, one of which is to make sure the amount of EXP (Experience) is sufficient, if I'm not mistaken there is indeed a minimum requirement for EXP or skills possessed by a driver in order to be able to take the Special transport job.
So if you're just creating a profile in this ETS2 game, I recommend adding EXP and adding to the list of skills first. Please use the tutorial on how to quickly increase EXP in the ETS2 game to save travel time.
We hope that this tutorial on how to get trucks to get police escorts in Euro Truck Simulator 2 is useful. If you have questions, please save them in the comments column below as usual. Keep being a wise user!
Also read: How to Activate Voice Navigation in Euro Truck Simulator 2