Sometimes I also forgot how to locate or find my own Steam ID, especially when it was needed. For example, when I sign up for a racing game competition, the event organizer asking our original Steam ID, not the custom ID.
Steam is one of the largest online gaming platforms in the world, with millions of users from all over the globe. If you are an avid gamer, you likely have a Steam account, and you may have multiple accounts for various games.
However, it is important to know your original Steam ID, as this can be used for various purposes, including recovering your account in case of a lost or stolen password, or for connecting with other players online.
What is a Steam ID?
A Steam ID is a unique identifier assigned to every Steam account. It is used to identify an individual account and can be used to find a player's profile and see their stats, as well as to connect with other players. The Steam ID is made up of a series of numbers, which can be difficult to remember.
The original Steam ID:
- Start with the number 7
- Have 16 (or more) number combinations
Why is it Important to Know Your Original Steam ID?
Knowing your original Steam ID is important because it can be used to recover your account in the event of a lost or stolen password, or if you need to transfer your account to another person. Additionally, having your Steam ID can be useful for connecting with other players and finding friends on the platform.
How to Find Your Original Steam ID
There are a few different ways to find your original Steam ID. These include using the Steam website, using the Steam client, and using a third-party tool.
Method 1: Using the Steam Website
The easiest way to find your Steam ID is to use the Steam website, simply follow the step-by-step below.
- Open the Steam website https://store.steampowered.com/login
- Simply log in to your steam account and open your profile page.
- There are 2 conditions you should be aware of:
- If you are not using a custom URL for your steam ID, your Steam ID is listed in the URL, after the "profiles/" section. For example, if your profile URL is "https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/987654321" your Steam ID is "987654321"
- If you are using a custom URL, you need to click and open the "Edit Profile" page. Under the CUSTOM URL box, clear or delete your custom URL, after that, you will see your original Steam ID on the small note under the box like this "Your profile will be available at: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/987654321/", the numbers after "profiles/" is your Steam ID.
Method 2: Using the Steam Client
You can also find your Steam ID by using the Steam client application on your PC.
- Launch the Steam client app and log in to your account as usual.
- Then, click on your user name in the menu bar, and select "Settings."
- Click on "Edit Profile" and find your Steam ID on the custom URL Box. If you are using custom URL, delete it first and see under the box, there is a little notification that said Y"our profile will be available at: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/987654321/", the numbers after "profiles/" is your Steam ID (987654321).
Method 3: Using a Third-Party Tool
Another way to find your Steam ID is to use a third-party tool, such as a website called "SteamIDfinder", or another website that has the same service (to find the original Steam ID). To find your SteamID, simply go to the website and enter your Steam username or profile URL. The tool will then generate your original Steam ID.
- Open Search Engine like Google, and then type: "Steam ID Finder". Choose and open one of the websites on page 1.
- Put your steam profile URL or complete profile URL on the box and hit Enter (or a similar to that button).
- The website will help you to find your original Steam ID.
Knowing your original Steam ID is important for various purposes, including recovering your account in case of a lost or stolen password, or connecting with other players on the Steam platform. There are several different methods to find your Steam ID, including using the Steam website, the Steam client, and a third-party tool. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily find your original Steam ID.
How to Find someone else's Steam ID
If you are looking to find someone else's Steam ID, there are a few methods you can try. Here are some steps to help you locate someone's Steam ID:
- Search for their Steam profile: The easiest way to find someone's Steam ID is to simply search for their Steam profile. If you already have their username or profile URL, you can search for their profile by going to the Steam community page and clicking on the search bar. Then, type in their username or profile URL and hit search. If their profile is public, you will be able to view their profile, which will include their Steam ID.
- Check their game details: If you are playing a game with someone on Steam, you can also view their Steam ID in the game's player list. Simply go to the game's menu, select the player list, and find the player you are looking for. Their Steam ID will be listed next to their username.
- Ask the person directly: If you know the person you are looking for and have a way to contact them, you can simply ask them for their Steam ID. This is the quickest and easiest way to find someone's Steam ID, and it is also the most accurate way to obtain this information.
- Use a Steam ID finder tool: There are also a number of third-party websites and tools that allow you to search for someone's Steam ID by entering their username or profile URL. Some of these websites are free to use, while others may require a fee.
By using these methods, you should be able to find someone's Steam ID with ease. Remember, it is important to always respect the privacy of others and only use this information for legitimate purposes.If you are interested in movies, download talk movies
What if I forget my Steam ID?
If you forget your Steam ID, you can use the methods outlined in this guide to find it again. If you are unable to find your Steam ID, you can contact Steam support for assistance. If you are finally found your Steam ID, don't forget to save or write it down on your notes to make it easier to find.
Is my Steam ID the same as my Steam username?
No, your Steam ID is a unique identifier assigned to your account, while your Steam username is the name you use to log in to your account and to connect with other players. You may have changed your steam ID with your personal custom ID, but most of the time people or other entities still asked for the original steam ID that starts with the number.
Can I change my Steam ID?
No, your Steam ID is assigned to your account and cannot be changed. Unless you made another account so you will have more than one steam ID. But it's not recommended because multiple steam IDs could cause some problems.
What do I do if I have multiple Steam IDs?
If you have multiple Steam IDs, you may need to contact Steam support to merge them into one account or to determine which one is your original ID. It is important to keep track of your Steam ID, as having multiple IDs can cause confusion and can also result in losing access to certain games and account information.
Can I find my Steam ID on my receipt or purchase history?
No, your Steam ID is not listed on receipts or purchase history. To find your Steam ID, you can use the methods outlined in this guide or contact Steam support for assistance.
- How to Move Steam Games to Another Drive Without Reinstalling
- How to Limit the Download Speed in Steam App
- Hogwarts Legacy: was Blasphemed, Now Breaks Viewership Record on Twitch
- The Last of Us Part 1 Game Release Date and Price on PC: What to Expect?
- Here's the complete Steam Sales & Fests 2023 schedule: mark your calendars!