The following are solutions or how to solve the problem of PC Sound output error in some applications. This tutorial is intended for computers or laptops where audio won't come out in different applications. So when playing videos on youtube the sound can come out, but when playing games the sound doesn't come out at the desired source.
This method often appears when we use external audio, such as when our PC or laptop is connected to a television with HDMI or when we connect 2 external audio such as a headset and active speakers at the same time.
In this way, we can also divide the audio output channel as needed. For example, we can adjust the sound of the game we are playing to only the headset and set the sound of the music player to the speaker. So game sound will not come out on speaker and music sound will not be heard on the headset.
Solution for PC Sound output error in some applications
I test this method on a PC with Windows 10 OS, if you are using an OS with a Windows 8 version, or Windows 7, please suits yourself, the steps are the same, the only difference is in the menu layout.
- First, please open or play the application or game whose audio settings you want to change, after opening, please >Minimize (don't close) let the application/game keep running.
- Next >right click on the speaker icon (generally located in the lower right corner of the screen) then select >Open sound settings. Alternatively, you can >click the Windows/start button type in the search field "sound settings". Please click/open the sound settings that appear.
- Please scroll down and click on settings >App volume and device preferences in the "Advanced sound options section".
- On this advanced page, please select an application that does not sound out and change the Output section to the desired speaker source. In this example, I set F1 2020 game sound to be out on the SAMSUNG TV that is currently connected. Or if you don't know which one to choose, just try changing all outputs to "Default" settings.
- Done. No need to wait long, these settings are instant, so we can immediately see the changes. please try playing music or playing a game that you have changed the settings for.
Since this is an advanced setting, it is likely that any changes made will be fixed, so even when external speakers or TV are not connected it is possible that the output settings will still select TV. So I suggest you remember this method so that later you won't get confused if there is audio that doesn't match the output.
Default settings are highly recommended
For those of you who only experience audio problems that don't come out, I suggest changing the output settings to the Default option. By changing to default settings, in the future you no longer need to manage applications one by one like this, then the application will follow the general settings on your computer/laptop.
But for those of you who really want to change and adjust the audio output to a different device such as a headset for games and music to the TV/speaker, please set it according to your wishes, no need to select the default setting.
Hopefully, the tutorial on how to solve problems or PC audio sound errors that doesn't come out in some of these applications is useful. If you have questions, please save them in the comments column. Remain a wise user! #beWiseUser