The following is how to convert a PowerPoint file or slide into an image file (PPT to JPG/PNG). In this way, all presentation pages in power point can be converted into image files so that they are easy to open anywhere, including from smartphones. Then how to convert ppt files to jpg?
How to convert a PowerPoint file into an image is very easy, you only need to change the special image file type when saving the "Save As" PowerPoint file you want. Common file types that can be selected are PNG and JPG/JPEG. For detailed tutorials, please continue reading.
In this way you can also choose which slides or pages you want to convert to image files, all pages can also be converted to image files at once.
Offline and Online tutorials
In this tutorial, I provide 2 ways to convert PowerPoint files to image format. The first way to go offline is to take advantage of the features in the PowerPoint application. The second way is the online method (free), if your PowerPoint application does not have an export feature, then you can use this online method.
Especially for the online method, friends can choose several existing websites, it doesn't have to be the same as the one I used as an example. Both methods are equally effective, giving the same results. Please choose the one that you think is easier to practice.
How to Convert PowerPoint Into an Image File
- Open the PowerPoint file that you want to convert into an image
- Click the File menu then select the Save As menu
- Select the folder you want to use to save the conversion result
- In the Save as type column, please change from "PowerPoint Presentation (pptx)" to JPEG or PNG format. In this example, I choose to convert to the image file "PNG Portable Network Graphics Format (.png)"
- Click the Save button. A pop-up window will appear to select which slide or page you want to convert into an image file. Because I want all pages to be changed, I choose All Slides. Wait a few moments for the image file to finish creating.
- Done. If successful the system will create a new file with the same name as the PowerPoint file name, the folder contains all the pages or slides of your PowerPoint presentation but in image format (PNG/JPEG).
In this example, I use Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016. If you experience problems or a different display because you are using a different version, please adjust it yourself, the principle is the same, the difference may only be in appearance.
Also read: Local Disk C is Full Even Though There are Few Applications? Here is how to clean it
I want to change only one page or one PPT slide
To change one page specifically, please follow the steps below.
- For example, I want to convert the 4th slide into an image file. So I have to open the PPT file and scroll to slide number 4. Make sure it's the 4th slide that appears on the main screen.
- Then click the File menu and then select the Save As sub-menu
- Select the folder where to save the file
- In the Save as type field, select the PNG / JPEG format
- Click the Save button. Wait until a popup menu appears.
- In the popup menu, I select "Just this one". Because I only want to change this one slide.
- Wait a few moments for the application to finish creating the image file. Done.
There is no PNG/JPEG option in the Save as type column?
If there is no choice of PNG or JPEG file format, most likely the PowerPoint application you are using doesn't have this feature. Usually, this problem appears in old PowerPoint applications. The solution is to upgrade the application or use an external converter on the internet.
For steps - steps to convert PowerPoint files into image files via the internet (online) please continue reading.
How to Convert PowerPoint Into Image Files Online
- Open a browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- type in the search field (Google) "PPT to PNG converter" then enter
- Several options will appear, please select a website converter. When I made this tutorial the first thing that appeared was the "Zamzar" website, so I chose to use it. I was taken to the following link: https://www.zamzar.com/convert/ppt-to-png/ Friends, you can choose another website if you want.
- On the Zamzar website page, there are 3 main steps. First, click the Choose File button. a popup folder will open, please open the folder where the ppt file is saved, if you have found the PowerPoint file, please select the file and click the Open button.
- The second step can be skipped if you still want to change to the PNG file format. If you want to change to another file format, please click on PNG and select the desired format.
- In the third step, please click the Convert Now button. Wait until the conversion process from the PPT file to the PNG file is complete.
- If the conversion process is complete (marked with the words "All Done!"), we can immediately click the Download button.
- If successful, the browser will start downloading the converted ppt to a png file. Please see the results in the download folder.
The converted file from this website converter is in the form of a ZIP. So to open it we need to extract the file first. Right-click on the zip file and select Extract here. The converted files will appear in the same folder.
How is the image quality? Is it a high-quality image?
The quality of the resulting image seems to depend on the format or size of the PowerPoint slide used. To change the size of the slide please follow the steps below.
- On the main PowerPoint page, please open the Design menu
- Next, please click the Slide Size menu until a new menu appears then select Custom slide size. A slide-size setting window will appear
- In the slide size window, please set the size of the slide you want from the aspect ratio to the size of the length - width of the slide. The larger the size, the clearer the image quality.
- When you have finished setting the size, please click the OK button. Next, please re-convert with the way at the beginning.
If you have any questions, please save them in the comments column below as usual.