In this tutorial, we will learn on how to delete or remove the domain property from the Google Search Console account. This method can be used to either remove the prefix URL or the home domain registered in your Google Search Console account.
For example, for the Rinditech website, I added all Prefix URLs like www.rinditech.com, rinditech.com, http:/rinditech.com, https:/rinditech.com, etc. On the other hand, I have ruled out all the traffic to visit (redirect) this address: https://www.rinditech.com even though it comes from a different prefix.
Whereas in the Google Search Console, I have continued to add all the prefix URLs so they all appear in the property list. Because there are too many prefixes, sometimes it's difficult for me to choose the right one. So I decided to remove the other unused prefixes to make my life easier.
How to Remove a Property Domain from Google Search Console Account
- Please log in to your Google Search Console account
- Open or select the Domain Property (or prefix) that you want to delete
- Open the "Settings" page
- Select "Remove Properties"
- Confirm the deletion. Done!
If there is no problem, the prefix or domain that you deleted above will immediately disappear from the list of properties connected to your GSC (Google Search Console) account.
This method can also be used if the domain you have has expired and you don't want to use it anymore.
Important things to remember
Before deleting, make sure or double-check the selected domain. Don't make the wrong choice because if it has been deleted, all data cannot be returned.
Back up data or settings before deleting the domain. If necessary download all existing data for reference.
After deleting the domain property, there will usually be an effect on traffic data or the number of visits to the website, always make sure the fluctuations stay within a normal range.
Hopefully, this article on how to delete or remove domain properties in the Google search console account is useful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comment box below. Thank You!
- Easy Ways to Find Do-Follow or No-Follow Links on a Website
- How to Change to Local Language on All Google Accounts
- How to Use Google Maps to Measure the Distance Between Two Points
- How to Delete Data in Google Drive When It's Full Permanently
- How to always on top videos in the Chrome browser
- How to Remove Chromium Until It's Permanently Clean