This is how to easily change to local language on all Google accounts. If successful, all menus or notifications will be changed to your local language. This method will be automatically applied to all google accounts and websites such as Gmail, youtube, google docs, google forms, and all services connected to a google account.
This tutorial was inspired by my experience helping a teacher who wanted to make questions on google form, he had difficulty choosing the menu and type or form because it's in English. After changing his google account language to our local language (Indonesia), it became easier for him to operate and remember menus on a google form. Hope this tutorial can help you too.
This method can be done either from a computer or from a cellphone. If you are using a cellphone, I suggest that you also open it in a chrome browser so that it looks nothing different from the display on a PC / laptop.
Generally, all google accounts created in a specific country will use its country language. However, there are some accounts that are kept in English, this is normal maybe because when you creating an account using a global website/server, it is set to use English by default.
How to change to local language on all google accounts
- Open the gmail.com website and >login to your email/google account
- Click the profile photo (top-right) until the advanced menu appears
- please select >Manage your Google Account. Or you can also directly open the following link: myaccount.google.com
- On the Google Account page, please select >Data & Personalization
- Next, please scroll and see the 'General preferences for the web' then select menu >Language
- In the Default Language >click the pencil icon to open the language options
- Please >search your preferred language then select >Select
Choose your preferred local language
- Done. If the process is correct then all languages used in all Google accounts such as email, YouTube, docs, etc. will immediately change to Indonesian.
To make sure, please try opening the YouTube website and clicking the menu button, if successful, all languages will change to Indonesian starting from the menu, notifications, and other displays.
Add another language as an alternative
In the Language section, you can also add other languages that you understand. If you understand English a little bit, I suggest you add English to the "Other languages you understand" section.
The main language used will still use Indonesian, but it doesn't hurt if we also familiarize ourselves a little with English or other languages.
Or you can also choose another language that you know besides Indonesian, such as Japanese, Arabic, etc. You can also choose several regional languages in Indonesia such as Balinese, Sundanese, etc.
Hopefully, this article about How to change to local language on all google accounts is useful. If you have questions, please save them in the comments column as usual.