Suggested Post content or content suggested by the Instagram system has been quite annoying lately. When I want to see updates or posts from friends I follow on the feed page, I have to go through 3 or even 8 "suggested for you" contents in a row. Only then, I can see the content posted by the accounts I follow.
Even though the content sometimes matches my profile, the amount of content shown is still too much so a lot of time is wasted watching content from accounts I don't follow. Before I get to the posts of the accounts I follow, I'm already tired and often choose to stop scrolling, close the Instagram application, and move to other social media that is more comfortable to use.
However, after I removed all the "Suggested for you" posts, I was again able to enjoy posts from friends I follow on Instagram.
How to Remove "Suggested for You" Posts on Instagram Feed
- Go to the "Menu" page
- Select "Settings and privacy"
- Scroll down then open the "Suggested content" menu
- Activate the "Snooze suggested posts in feed" setting
- Done. "Suggested for you" content will disappear from your feed page.
This setting is not permanent
Please note, that this setting to remove suggested posts is temporary. In the application it is written that this setting is only valid for 30 days, so on the 31st day you will see the "suggested for you" content back on your feed page.
If you want to get rid of it again, you need to do the settings above again. So you have to do this setting periodically every 30 days.
Even though it's inconvenient, this feature can be used as a temporary solution and is really worth it compared to having to go through lots of posts from accounts you don't follow.
If you can't find this snooze setting, please first check the Instagram application you are using, and make sure you are using the latest version. If you are not sure, please make it an automatic update via AppStore or PlayStore.
If suggested post content still appears on your feed page, please restart your smartphone and reopen the Instagram application that you are using. Make sure the Snooze suggested post setting is activated.
Hopefully, this tutorial on how to delete suggested posts on the Instagram feed is useful. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments column below as usual. Remain a wise user and happy surfing on Instagram!
- What are YouTube Super Chat and Super Thanks? How to Activate
- How to Create Status on Youtube (Terms of Posting, Polling, and Video sharing)
- Complete List of Categories on YouTube - Which one is better to choose?
- How to Live Streaming YouTube Using Nvidia GeForce Experience
- Creating Automatic Upload Schedules on YouTube - Scheduled Publish