The following is a new way to repost videos without retweeting on X or Twitter. In this way, we will be able to post other people's videos without being seen as retweeting or quoting and only writing the name of the video owner like "From...(original owner). The method on Android is different from the method on iPhone (iOS), but don't worry, we will discuss both in this tutorial.
If you are used to it, actually how to repost videos without retweeting on X is very easy, for Android users you only need to copy or copy the link and add the following code at the end of the "/video/1" link. For iPhone or iOS users, it's even easier, you only need to select the "Tweet video" menu and the video will be automatically posted without retweeting.
Using this re-post method will give the impression that you own the video, but in reality, you are only reposting or reposting the video from the owner of the original video.
However, you don't need to worry about copyrights because below the video that you repost will state who the original owner of the video is other users can also directly click on the name of the owner of the video and they will be directed to the original video page.
For browser or PC users you can use the same method as the method used by Android users below, but if it doesn't work you can use an alternative method, namely by embedding a post or embedding a video, I have written all the methods in this tutorial. Good luck!
How to Repost Video X on Android
This method can be used both on the X HP Android application and on a PC for those of you who use a browser to access your X account. I myself have tried it on an Android cellphone and PC, both of which were immediately successful on the first try.
- Open the video you want to repost
- Click the "Share" button (three dots icon) until a popup menu appears
- Select "Copy link". The video link will automatically be saved on your cellphone system.
- Button new post or click the "Post" button
- Paste the link that was copied above
- Remove links starting from the 'question mark' to the end: "?.......". So all that's left of the link is the address starting from "https..." to the text before the question mark. For example if the link looks like this: "https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1695158759717474379?t=LddRaH2i-HhdeTxzp9u6-g&s=19" it becomes like this: "https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1695158759717474379 ". part "?t=LddRaH2i-HhdeTxzp9u6-g&s=19" removed.
- Add "/video/1" at the end of the link. For example, this is the BEFORE: https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/16951587 and this AFTER: https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/16951587/video/1
- Finally, please add a caption if necessary, then please click the "Post" button. Finished! The result is like a tweet or video repost that is in the main image, the top image of this article.
NEW UPDATE! In the latest update, the links provided have started using the "X.com" domain but it seems like all content is still stored in the "Twitter.com" domain, so you also need to change from "https://x.com/...." to "https:/ /twitter.com/...."
If there are no problems, you can see the results immediately on your profile page. The video will look like it was posted by yourself but at the bottom of the video, there is a description of the original owner of the video. If you experience problems, please try the alternative method below by using the embed post feature.
How to repost Video X on iPhone (iOS)
- Open the video you want to repost
- Play for a while then press and hold on the video until a popup menu appears
- Select "Tweet video"
- Add free captions according to your wishes
- Finally, click the "Post" button. Finished.
If everything is correct, you can immediately see the results on your X profile page. If you have problems, please try the alternative method below to repost videos without retweeting by taking the link from the embed post page.
Alternative Way to Repost Videos for PC Users
For those of you who experience problems in the first and second methods above, including PC users, there is an alternative way, namely by using the embed video or embed post feature. Actually, this method is used to display X's tweet or video content on other websites but can also be used to repost on X's account. Please follow the steps below.
- Open the video page that you want to repost. If you are using a browser on a PC/laptop, please skip steps 2 and 3, go straight to step number 4.
- Click the "Share" button then select "Copy link".
- Open the browser on your cellphone and paste / Paste the link in the address bar then click "Enter" until the video page opens.
- Click the menu button on the video owner's account (3 dots in a row)
- Select the "Embed post" menu. If successful a new tab will open in the browser for the embed post menu.
- Click the "Copy code" button.
- Create a new Tweet or post on your X account then paste the code copied above.
- Find and copy only the media (video) link and delete the rest. The media link mark begins with the words "pic.twitter.com". An example link looks like this: "pic.twitter.com/9sliuoC690".
- Please give a space after the link code above and you can add a caption as you wish. Example: "pic.twitter.com/9sliuoC690 Wow what a great video!"
- Finally, please click the "Post" button. Finished.
If there are no problems, you will see the same result as in the previous method. Your X account will look like it uploaded the video but actually, the video was taken from another account. Even so, the original owner of the video is still written at the bottom of the video to indicate the original source or original owner of the video.
You have tried many times but still failed?
Here are some reasons why you can't repost videos on X.
- Copyright Restrictions: If the video is protected by special copyrights then the X system will not allow you to repost to protect the rights of the original owner of the video content.
- Privacy Settings: The video owner sets their account to private so that only authorized accounts can view the video.
- Changes to Regulations: It could be that when you try the methods above, party X has changed the rules or permissions regarding video reposts.
- Technical Obstacles: I have experienced this before, it keeps failing when I repost videos but a few minutes later I can. Even though the way I do it is the same.
Hopefully, this article on how to repost videos without retweeting on X or Twitter is useful for Android, iPhone, and PC users. If there are problems or questions, please save them in the comment column below as usual. Remain a wise user. Good luck!
- Easier! Monetization Requirements to Get Payment from Twitter (X) As A Content Creator
- What are YouTube Super Chat and Super Thanks? How to Activate
- What is YouTube Handle and How to Change It?
- How to Live Streaming YouTube Using Nvidia GeForce Experience
- Creating Automatic Upload Schedules on YouTube - Scheduled Publish
- Download the Latest X Logo Vector in HQ: EPS, PNG, and JPG