Here's how to copy-paste status updates of our friends (contact) on WhatsApp without using any additional apps. In this tutorial, we can also save the status like photos or videos permanently on our phones.
Actually, there is a common shortcut way that we already know to save the status in WhatsApp, that is by doing SS or screenshots, but there are still many shortcomings such as can not save the video or writings.
Therefore in this article, we will not discuss the screenshots way because that's too obvious and almost all of us know it, besides, we have a better way.
The status update feature is actually nothing new, because if you ever use BBM (Blackberry Messenger) and LINE apps this status update feature has existed long before WhatsApp has it.
Whether because of patents or other things, in fact, the addition of the status update feature in WhatsApp is somewhat late because other similar applications have applied it long before WhatsApp.
How to Copy Status WhatsApp Other People Without Additional Applications
Although the title is written 'no additional apps' but we will still discuss how to copy the status with the app as well, just in case you guys later not in the mood with 'without app'. haha
For iPhone users (iOS)
If you are an Apple product user (iPhone) the tutorial to save (copy) the status of your friends is easier (than for Android users). Follow these easy steps:
- Open the WhatsApp app
- View (display on screen) status you want to save (copy)
- press and hold (long press) on the screen until a pop-up menu appears
- In the Pop-up menu select 'Copy' or similar posts like save /etc.
- Paste in your new status or paste it into a notepad. Done
For Android users (Samsung, Sony, Oppo, Xiaomi, etc.)
If you are using a smartphone with Android OS (Samsung, Sony, Oppo, Xiaomi, LG, Sony, etc.) follow these steps:
- Open the File Explorer app (or similar). (generally, the app is already installed on all smartphones)
- Locate and Open the WhatsApp folder (which can be located in internal memory or in external memory, depending on your settings)
- Open folder /Media
- Locate and open the /.Statuses folder
- Choose the status, image, or video you want to copy or save from your WhatsApp friend's status
- Copy then save it in another folder (besides the WhatsApp folder)
- Post or update status with images or videos that have been saved earlier. Done
"/.Statuses" folder can't be found?
In the default setting (default) the WhatsApp app does not display this statuses folder like other folders like Images, Files, etc. But we can change the settings manually. Follow these short steps:
- Open the File Explorer app (or something similar)
- Open WhatsApp Folder
- Click the >menu button
- Open /Settings
- Select >Show hidden folder / file
- Reopen the WhatsApp/Media folder and look again for /.Statuses folder as shown above. Done
Things that need to be considered:
- The image or video file in the /.Statuses folder is the update of the Status Whatsapp of your friend in the last 24 hours.
- After 24 Hours the image & video file are in the folder /.Statuses will automatically disappear.
- Status updates in the form of posts are saved into image files (jpg). So it can not be saved as text.
- Display settings of each brand of mobile phone - different. Do not panic if you find a different step, adjust it, improvisation, exploration, the end result is the target.
- If you are still confused or have something to ask, please put it in the comments field below.
How to copy someone else's status on WhatsApp with the app
If you want to use a third application follow the steps below:
- Go to Playstore
- Search with the keyword "status saver" or "Copy WhatsApp status".
- Choose an app that has lots of users and it's more than 4 in scores.
- Install the app you selected
- Open the app
- Follow the requested step on the app. Done
In accordance with the title of this article, how to use the application is not too detailed because you can find a lot of discussion about it on other websites. If you want more clear and more complete please just search on the search engine (Google) with the keyword "how to copy the status of WhatsApp with the third application".
Hopefully, the article about the discussion on how to save or copy the status of WhatsApp others without this application can help and provide positive benefits for friends. if there is still not understood please ask in the comment column below as usual. Stay wise.
- How to Delete WhatsApp Status Before it Expires Automatically
- How to Easily Block Annoying Contact on WhatsApp
- How to Turn off Notifications in WhatsApp Group?
- How to Make Bold, Italic, Strikethrough on WhatsApp Chat (Even Combination)
- How to Create Shortcut to Easily Open Chat with Specific Contact or Group on WhatsApp