This is the tutorial on how to delete car content in the Assetto Corsa game. With this tutorial, you will be able to remove or delete content (car) files that have been installed in the AC (Assetto Corsa) game so that you have extra storage space, and sometimes it can also fix errors in the game.
The cars rarely been used? There is a better version? The Force Feedback is not good? Or frequent errors when using the car? Please try deleting the contents or files of the car from the game, maybe your problem will disappear by deleting the files.
Before you delete the content, make sure you have a backup file that you want to delete. Because if it's been deleted, it can't be revoked unless you have the installation files or backup files to re-install in the AC game.
This tutorial is for PC players only, not for players who use consoles like PlayStation or XBOX.
Actually, we can also delete track files or circuits that have been installed in the Assetto Corsa game, but because in this tutorial we will use the Content Manager application and delete track files must use the paid version, so we will discuss it in a separate article. For now, let's focus on how to delete files or car content first.
How to Delete Car Content in Assetto Corsa Game
- Open the "Content Manager" application for Assetto Corsa. If you haven't used Content Manager, please install this application first because there are so many benefits you can have. This app is free. If you have already installed CM (Content Manager), please proceed to the next step.
- Open the CONTENT menu. It's located at the top-right of the screen.
- Select CARS. It's located at the top-left of the screen. If there is no problem, a list of all cars that have been installed will appear.
- Find and select the Car you want to delete. In this example, I will delete the car file named APEX INDYCAR
- Click the "Delete" button. A popup will appear "Are you sure you want to move (car name) to the Recycle bin?", Please confirm by pressing the "Yes" button.
Any car files that have been deleted from Content Manager will still be stored in the computer's "Recycle bin" page. So if you want to really clean and free up your PC storage space, please also clean up the Recycle bin of your computer.
The reason why I deleted content or car files from the game
- There is better content. Specifically for the Apex Indycar car content above that I deleted, the main reason I deleted it was because I already had better car content, namely VRC Formula North America 2021 (paid version).
- Rarely been used. Even though the Apex version is actually free and can still be used, I'm sure this content will rarely be used in the future so it's better to just delete it because it will fill up the list.
- There is an updated version. The Indycar version of Apex still refers to the 2020 version while the VRC version already refers to Indycar 2021.
- Increase free storage space on PC. The size of the content file from Apex Indycar is also quite large (1.5 Gb in total), so it's not bad that if I delete it, it can add free storage space on the PC.
- Files often error. Another reason that might also be a consideration is, sometimes there are car contents that are bad or often have errors. So it's better to just delete it.
- Force Feedback is weird and not good. There is also car content where the force feedback is weird or strange when driving, it's better to just delete it.
- Fix errors in the game. Sometimes a corrupted file can cause an error in the game. So if you experience an error while playing the game, try deleting the content that you just installed, that could be the trigger.
And there are many other reasons to delete files or car content from the Assetto Corsa game. Actually, apart from car content, there is also track or circuit content which can cause the reasons above, but it seems that a separate discussion is needed.
We hope this article on how to delete car content in the Assetto Corsa game is useful. If you have questions, please save them in the comments column as usual. Keep being a wise user! Good luck!
- How to Install the Gran Turismo 7 HUD in the Assetto Corsa Game
- How to Install F1 Madrid Track in Assetto Corsa
- Top 5 Most Realistic Racing Games for PC
- Fix Fuel Consumption in Assetto Corsa - AI PIT STOP Every 2 Laps
- Fix Error Unchanged Weather on Assetto Corsa
- Free Download Mandalika Circuit for Assetto Corsa
- How to turn off damage on Assetto Corsa So the car will always fit 100%
- How to Install New Track or Circuit on Assetto Corsa - Easy and Fast!
- Minimum PC specs to play Assetto Corsa Competizione
- List of Free Cars and Circuits in RaceRoom Racing Experience Game
- RaceRoom Review: The Most Underrated Sim Racing Game