Hey there, fellow trucker! Are you ready to hit the virtual highways in Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2) like a pro? One key aspect of optimizing your driving experience in this game is adjusting your truck's suspension.
It can make all the difference when it comes to handling, stability, and overall performance. For me personally, I just love to make it as low as possible so I can take a photo or a screenshot of the truck whenever I want. I like the truck photo when it is in low suspensions.
In this tutorial, I'll share my personal experience and guide you through the step-by-step process of adjusting suspensions in ETS2. We'll also discuss the benefits of fine-tuning your suspension settings, as well as how to troubleshoot if things don't go as smoothly as planned. So, buckle up, and let's dive into this trucking adventure together!
Ensure Your Hardware is Ready
Before we dive into the process of adjusting suspensions in ETS2, it's crucial to ensure your hardware is in good condition. Make sure your gaming rig, including your keyboard, mouse, and steering wheel (if you have one), is working correctly. You don't want any technical glitches to hinder your experience.
Adjusting Suspensions: A Step-by-Step Guide
Now, let's get down to the business of adjusting suspensions in ETS2. Follow these steps to fine-tune your truck for a smoother and more enjoyable ride. Or, you can be a chaos like me and make the truck as low as possible so it will look good for a photoshoot. Hehe
Step 1: Launch Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Navigate to the Key and Buttons Settings
Start by launching the game and selecting a profile you want to work with. You can either choose an existing one or create a new profile to experiment with your suspension settings.
Once you're in the game, click on the "Options" menu. In the Options menu, you'll find an option called "Key and Buttons Settings." Click on it to proceed.
Step 2: Find and Assign Suspension Adjustment Controls
Now, look for the specific controls related to suspension adjustments. These can vary depending on your game update, but they are typically labeled as below:
- Front Suspension Up
- Front Suspension Down
- Rear Suspension Up
- Rear Suspension Down
- Suspension Reset
Assign keys or buttons to the suspension adjustments. If you're using a keyboard, you might want to use the arrow keys or specific letter keys. For those with a steering wheel and pedals, you can use them as well.
For example, I am using these keyboard buttons for all the assignments above. Feel free if you want to use the same buttons as mine below:
- Front Suspension Up: "Home" button
- Front Suspension Down: "End" button
- Rear Suspension Up: "Page Up" button
- Rear Suspension Down: "Page Down" button
- Suspension Reset: "Insert" button
Step 3: Adjust the Suspension Settings
With your controls assigned, you can now adjust your truck's suspension. Experiment with different settings, such as suspension stiffness, damping, or ride height, to find the sweet spot that suits your driving style.
If you are not sure about the height of your truck, you can just reset it to the default height with the "Suspension Reset" button. Done!
Troubleshooting: What to Do If It Doesn't Work
If you encounter any issues or your suspension adjustments don't seem to have the desired effect, don't worry; we've got you covered. Here are some common troubleshooting steps:
- Verify Your Controls. Double-check that you've assigned the correct controls for suspension adjustments. Sometimes, a simple mistake in key mapping can lead to issues.
- Experiment with Different Buttons. Sometimes the buttons conflicted with the others or with other settings. Try to use different buttons or try to use the most commonly used on your keyboard such as arrows or numbers.
- Turn On the Truck Engine. The truck needs to be turned on in order to use the active suspension. It needs electricity to control the suspension adjustment.
- Update Your Game. Ensure that you're running the latest version of Euro Truck Simulator 2. Developers often release updates that address bugs and improve game mechanics.
- Check for Mod Conflicts. If you're using mods in the game, conflicts between mods can sometimes cause unexpected issues. Disable them temporarily and see if the problem persists.
- Seek Community Help. The ETS2 community is vast and friendly. Don't hesitate to visit forums or social media groups to ask for advice from experienced players. They may have insights or solutions to your specific problem.
The Benefits of Adjusting Suspensions in ETS2
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of suspension adjustments, let's talk about why it's important. ETS2 is all about realism, and proper suspension tuning can enhance your gameplay in several ways:
- Improved Handling. Optimal suspension settings can significantly enhance your truck's handling. This means smoother turns, reduced sway, and better control over your vehicle, especially when carrying heavy cargo. With the right adjustments, you'll feel more connected to the road.
- Enhanced Stability. Properly adjusted suspensions contribute to a stable ride, reducing the risk of your truck tipping over or losing control, especially when navigating tricky terrains or encountering sudden obstacles.
- Realism. If you're an ETS2 enthusiast like me, you probably appreciate the game's dedication to realism. Adjusting your truck's suspension is just one more way to immerse yourself in the world of long-haul trucking, making it feel as close to the real thing as possible.
In conclusion, adjusting suspensions in Euro Truck Simulator 2 can significantly enhance your gameplay experience by improving handling, stability, and realism. By following our step-by-step guide, you'll be well on your way to mastering the road. If you encounter any issues, don't forget to troubleshoot and seek help from the ETS2 community.
Now, hop into your virtual truck, fine-tune those suspensions, and hit the open road with confidence. Safe travels, my fellow truckers, and enjoy the journey!
- My Top 10 Mods For Euro Truck Simulator 2 in 2023
- How to Teleport or Move Places in Euro Truck Simulator 2
- How to Create Snowy Weather in Euro Truck Simulator 2
- How to Activate Voice Navigation in Euro Truck Simulator 2
- How to Get a Police Escort for Your Truck in Euro Truck Simulator
- How to Make Smooth Camera Transitions in ETS2
- How to set Logitech Shifter to 12 Speed on ETS 2
- How to Open Windows and Doors in ETS2 (Trucks and Buses)
- Minimum Specs to Play ETS 2 Game on PC